Pages

Fallen Soldier - 2/18/03


As I get older, I'm getting bolder, but I'm getting closer to becoming another fallen soldier, I'm getting meaner, but less greener, I should have told ya, that I loved you more because now you're a fallen soldier, I'm getting colder, trying to carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders, but before I go I have to say this before I'm a fallen soldier, so as I get older, I'm getting bolder, but I'm getting closer to becoming another fallen soldier, I'm getting meaner, but less greener, I should have told ya, that I loved you more because now you're a fallen soldier, I'm getting colder, trying to carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders, but before I go I have to say this before I'm a fallen soldier, that you are not forgotten!

Sometimes... the disappointment.. is just too much.. to take

I know one day that I will be in the first and we will be together in heaven, if you wouldnt have died you could have been part of the tragedy of September eleven, I cant stand the term "1-8-7", because it means murder and the murdered can't ever remember, because death is forever, it's a tragedy that you will never forget, how could you kill yourself to end it? got lost in the moment one time because you were upset, we were fighting so I never got to tell you goodbye, I have to cry because I never got to say I love you and I can't have a second try, because it wasn't your time to die, I love you father but you will can't even hear me, your death put so much anger inside of me, I made everyone stay away because they feared me, you told me one week before you died that you wanted to be reincarnated into a bird, then I got stubborn and was spoiled and I didnt tell you a word, a week before you died you told me you would come visit me every single night, I told you not to let me see you because of the fright, I couldnt bear it I couldnt bear the sight, or sleep without a light, I was 11 years old I didnt mean it dad please let me see you, I never told you enough but I really really love you, I never really showed it but my heart is true, and even though the last thing you ever said to me was that you hated me... I still love you.

As I get older, I'm getting bolder, but I'm getting closer to becoming another fallen soldier, I'm getting meaner, but less greener, I should have told ya, that I loved you more because now you're a fallen soldier, I'm getting colder, trying to carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders, but before I go I have to say this before I'm a fallen soldier, so as I get older, I'm getting bolder, but I'm getting closer to becoming another fallen soldier, I'm getting meaner, but less greener, I should have told ya, that I loved you more because now you're a fallen soldier, I'm getting colder, trying to carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders, but before I go I have to say this before I'm a fallen soldier, that you are not forgotten!

Too much smoking took another fallen soldier, I cant cry or show my sympathy because Ive got a grandma crying on my shoulder, we never were really all that close until recently, you never really knew me until death brought us together and I learned your name was Henry, you told me to make my dad proud and that everything would be fine, you told me dont make myself sick asking why that it was just his time, that was the only time me or grandma saw you cry, I heard you praying at the wake asking the good lord why but you told me not to because the lord comes before you and I, too many people wanna play God when God doesnt seem to be a fair man, took my father and my grandfather and left me nothing to help me understand, this wasnt my idea, you shed your sweat and you shed your tears, you suffered through life all 74 damn years, then you wake up to all your fears, no more spending Saturday's drinking beers, no more Sunday afternoon trips to Sears, you're gone Henry, because destiny takes its toll whether you like it or not, you always stayed away from the cops, you always lived the good life, you always avoided being shot, and you're in a better place now, never again going to see your face now, only in memory, and I really hope that you always remember me, I hope you always think of the good times, I hope your memory can be held into these rhymes, I hope you keep smiling because your smile resembles the sunshine, it just sucks because when it's your time then it's your time, Grandpa I love you and I promise to take care of your wife, I am so happy you got to live a nice long blessed life, and you lived it without regrets, Im just upset that I wasnt there for you more... but I will see you in Heaven. RIP to all the fallen soldiers.